Wednesday, December 17, 2014

DIY Natural Deodorant/Antiperspirant Recipe


Soften the coconut oil by whipping it with a spoon (or giving it 10 seconds in the microwave if necessary). Add additional ingredients. Stir well and add to your container. 

Note - Coconut oil melts at 75*, so I usually put this into a glass jar when I make it. To apply, I get a small amount on my fingers, warm it up, apply, wash my hands, & go on my way! You can put it in an empty deodorant canister if it will always be stored below 75*. You can substitute the arrowroot powder for cornstarch. I just prefer the arrowroot's texture. 

* Please note that I am not a licensed aromatherapist. Please consult a licensed aromatherapist or other qualified medical personnel before using essential oils for therapeutic/medical purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment