Sunday, February 15, 2015

Migraines Linked to Sensory Processing Disorder

VERY interesting read! Takeaway points that interest me:

1.) Migraine with allodynia (sensitivity to light & sound, etc.) is now medically considered a sensory processing disorder. (I've been saying this all along. Guess we know where the boys get it from...)

2.) Hemiplegic migraine (weakness on one side of the body) has been tied to DNA alterations, so its genetic. (Explains why my aunt & I both have this rare form of migraines.) 

Spreading SPD awareness is so very important to me, because it affects our family immensely. Additionally, I've had migraines for 24 years, and they've slowly taken over my life to the point I can't teach & can barely function 3/4 of the time. Please keep our family in your prayers! 

Link: http://news.sciencemag.org/brain-behavior/2015/02/science-migraines

No comments:

Post a Comment