Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Celebrations!

We had some small gains today with both boys! My whole soul rejoices when my babies do well! Here are some of today's highlights:


When my parents brought Reed home & came to get Sheldon, I told Sheldon he was going to play with Reed for a while. He was really upset & anxious, but after a while he did settle down & relax a bit. He asked me to set a timer for 10 minutes, but I refused and told him he could play with his brother for a while. At thirty minutes they were playing nicely, and I told him he could go then, since I wanted him to leave happy rather than upset. It's progress! <3



So proud of my blond-headed stinker! We went into the store, and the greeter told Reed, "Hello, little guy." He actually responded! He said, "Hi!" Yayay! :)



I had Bub's 3rd grade year-end review & summer school determination meeting this morning. Since his bday is in Nov, his IEP meetings are always in Nov, so I request a meeting in May each year so that they can update me on his progress towards goals for that year. Thankfully, this year's review was free from the conflicts we faced last year! ;) 

Since Christmas break (when we started his current medication), he's improved by leaps & bounds in reading, math, & speech. His teacher surprised me when she told me that he's actually reading (decoding words) at a third-grade level, and could possibly even read at a fourth grade level. His comprehension is at a first grade level. Even though this seems really far behind, it's actually a HUGE gain for him, because at the beginning of the school year he had virtually zero comprehension skills. 

Everyone loves my happy buddy, and he's one of the best parts of their day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment